The Second Edition of Kinesiology: The Mechanics and Pathomechanics of Human Movement relates the most current understanding of anatomy and mechanics with clinical practice concerns. Featuring seven chapters devoted to biomechanics, straightforward writing, and over 900 beautiful illustrations, the text provides you with detailed coverage of the structure, function, and kinesiology of each body region. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the relationship between the quality of movement and overall human health.
Special features include:
- New DVD containing about 150 videos provides dynamic examples of clinical demonstrations, principle illustrations, and lab activities. This powerful resource explores patient function, dysfunction, and injury for greater comprehension.
- Clinical Relevance Boxes reinforce the relationship of biomechanical principles to patient care through real-life case studies.
- Muscle Attachment Boxes provide easily accessed anatomical information and tips on muscle palpation
- Examining the Forces Boxes highlight the advanced mathematical concepts used to determine forces on joint structure.
- Evidence-based presentations deliver the most current literature and essential classic studies for your understanding of musculoskeletal structure and function.
Whether you are a student or practitioner in the field of physical therapy, occupational therapy, or exercise science, this comprehensive book serves as an excellent resource for best practice techniques.